Residue is an intelligent, story-driven 2D platform adventure in which you control three different characters, exploring an abandoned excavation site in the remains of the Aral Sea in present-day Uzbekistan. Once the fourth largest lake in the world, the Aral Sea is now an arid wasteland, a victim of decades of Soviet cotton irrigation. To some, it is the prime example for humanity to stay out of nature's business. To others, it's a world waiting to be saved. Residue tells the story of the people who tried to change everything, and how it ended up changing them.
- Real-world setting: The vanished Aral Sea in Central Asia, peppered with artifacts of an all too real history.
- A world imagined: Eerily detailed, vibrant HD art, closely based on photos from the Aral Sea and filled with secrets.
- Something to say: Experience a non-violent, thought-provoking, fully voiced story concerning the cost of saving worlds, without giving up control.
- Exploration: Explore an interconnected game world using three characters with very different abilities.
- Variety, variety, variety: From climbing to exploring to diving to navigating pitch-black corridors, integrating new gameplay elements at every turn.
- Captivating Soundtrack: With many vocal tracks and an ethnic vibe, composed and produced by Joel Bille.