Powers in the Basement
Will Phail is a fifteen-year-old like many others: lazy, spoiled, and phlegmatic. But he has one thing that others lack: he's useless!
Experience Will's struggles in this short adventure as he searches for his favorite T-shirt so he can hang out with his friends trying to defend his already compromised reputation.
Dodge lazy grandparents, mischievous rats, and carnivorous plants, and find the courage to descend into the frightening basement, where powers beyond understanding lurk, waiting to be awakened!
Powers in the Basement (PitB for short) is a 5-6 hours long point-and-click adventure game, inspired by the great classics from the 80s / 90s, with a specific sweet spot for LucasArts production.
It's a witty and sometimes surreal game, with clean humor, also suitable for children, set in a pseudo-fantasy world in which the medieval fairytale is punctuated by anachronisms, elements of modernity, and absurd references to nerd pop culture.
You will meet funny characters, face bizarre situations, solve challenging puzzles, and enjoy some hopefully rewarding wild goose chases.
- A dive into the golden age of point-and-click adventures
- A state-of-the-art, ultramodern 9-verbs interface, to put you in total control
- The humor of the great classics, with jokes conceived for smart people, like YOU who have decided to play this game!
- Amazing 3D graphics: Dimple, Dlat and Dapproximate
- Awesome MT-32 music and 22KHz sound effects that will blow your mind
- Challenging and merciless puzzles that will force you to rack your brains!
Is this for you?
If you are new to this genre: this is a game for puzzle lovers, those who like to have a-ha moments in the shower or while cooking.
If you prefer story-driven games, rest assured we did our best to make PitB fair and enjoyable to casual gamers as well.
If you are a longtime fan of this genre, well... we hope we can bring you back to your childhood for a while.
Here are some comments, left by the testers during game development.
- PITB is a gem for a compulsive clicker like me, a tribute to the masterpieces we grew up with. The humor is spot on, the pace is right, the puzzles are well balanced and there are many references to the classics (funny quotes, not JJAbrams-style copycat!). I was impressed by the attention to even the smallest of details. [...]
- It's a beautiful little game. The graphics were wonderful. The humor is witty and silly - very enjoyable. I chuckled aloud many times. The story was quirky, which I also liked.
- The polish on the game was solid. I really appreciate it. This is the second indie game I've tested and at no moment did I feel like you didn't put in the effort to make my experience great.
No reviews have been written for this product.