Thaumistry: In Charm's Way
Thaum: (noun). A unit of magical energy
Eric Knight is a confused young man who was a famous child prodigy inventor, but who hasn’t seen much success since. Strange things always seem to happen around Eric - door knobs fall off in his hands, computer screens go blank when he touches them, alarms go off randomly as he walks by.
Today, he will find out why.
Thaumistry: In Charm's Way is a hilarious text adventure from award-winning Infocom and Legend Entertainment author Bob Bates.
Set in present-day New York City, the game is a joke-a-minute romp filled with offbeat characters, improbable spells, and well-crafted puzzles.
- Spoiler-free, context-sensitive hint system
- In-game map
- Fully customizable fonts and colors
- Screen reader-friendly (NVDA) option available for visually-impaired players
- Advanced parser, for a modern update of Interactive Fiction
- Digital CyberFeelies™ to round out that classic text adventure experience
- Thaumistry is USDA approved,* gluten-free, and contains 0 grams of cholesterol
*No it’s not.
“Well-written and whimsical. Packed with jokes and Easter eggs. Intricate, satisfying puzzles. A lighthearted text romp that casts its entertaining puzzle magic on the modern era. [...] This game plays fair, never lets you get stuck, comes with a tutorial to ease you into the experience, and even autosaves for you.” 4 / 5 – Adventure Gamers
No reviews have been written for this product.