Version 3.0 of Another Star is now available.
- All enemy graphics have been redone from scratch, and some new graphical elements have been added. The old 256 tile limit can be restored from the options menu.
- Achievements have been added to the game.
- It is now possible to select where the game data is saved.
- The system save data location has been changed for Linux. You may need to manually move your save games from an older version. See the ReadMe.txt file for more details.
- It is now possible to disable the gamepad.
- It is now possible to disable the hat switch (d-pad). Some versions of Linux do not read the gamepad correctly, so this can be used to get around the problem.
- V-Sync can now be enabled.
- Tachi can now turn around and leave a screen as soon as he enters it. No more need to walk out one tile and come back just to leave.
- Party members now get 1/3 of their HP back after battle, instead of just 1/5 as in previous versions.
- Damage output on bows and other projectiles has been given a small boost. Furthermore, their damage is now more consistent.
- The OpenGL rendering code has been updated, which should improve performance.
- A bug rendering the Soul Gem accessory useless has been fixed.
- Healing output from the spell "Persevere" has been given a significant boost.
- It is no longer possible to exceed the 999 HP cap using stat-boosting equipment.
- Characters stats are no longer ruined when items are unequipped by certain scenes.
- Some typos in the dialog have been corrected, and a small number of lines have been altered to clarify their meaning.
- Other assorted bug fixes and minor improvements.