UFO: Afterlight is a mixture of squad based tactical action and global strategy with the gamer controlling the actions of elite ground troops, maintaining the home base, collecting resources and researching technologies.
In UFO: Afterlight you go to Mars, where a human colony has been built with the help of the Reticulans.
The player will enter the game when the research drastically affects all Mars inhabitants. New and unexpected enemies appear in the form of robots, built centuries ago by the unknown aliens for their protection, whose purpose is to eliminate any traces of other civilizations on Mars.
- Combination of global strategy and tactical missions
- Highly replayable game because of the player’s key decisions on diplomacy and research
- Strong RPG elements, the player knows his team by names
- Several character classes with different attributes, skills and trainings
- Diplomacy has strong influence on the game story
- Advanced tactical part of the game with the possibility to enter buildings, thermo visions and more
- Player may use different height and destructible elements of environment to his advantage
- Player must adapt his tactics during the game as the enemies change and grow stronger, hardly two missions are the same
- Opportunity to mind-control your enemies and use psionic abilities