Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943, the historically accurate and detailed real-time tactical war game, welcomes military history fans to the battle which gave the Red Army the strategic initiative for the rest of the war. The new project in the award-winning Theatre of War series depicts the initial (defensive) stage of the Kursk battle.
Players will control their troops in historical scenarios on precisely reconstructed authentic battlefields. In Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943, you control the units of the battle group belonging to German division Grossdeutschland or the forces of the Soviet 67th Guards Rifle Division and 3rd Mechanized Corps, which participated in the defensive stage of the Kursk battle at the south face of the Kursk salient.
- Take control over the mighty Soviet or German battle group in one of the battles which changed the history of the world
- Simulation-level visibility, ballistics and armour penetration systems. All vital vehicle systems and crew members are individually modeled
- Two historical campaigns (up to 18 missions total) and an unlimited number of customizable engagements waiting to be created with a few mouse clicks using the built-in Mission Generator
- Sophisticated AI for both enemy and your own units
- Over 60 Soviet, German and lend-leased US and British player-controllable units (not counting various infantry squads)
- Team multiplayer for up to 8 players (control of key points or assault/defense) with reinforcements, artillery barrages and air strikes
- Tools for creating your own missions and maps (built-in Mission Generator, wizard-like Simple Editor, full-blown
- Mission Editor and 3D Map Editor