Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943 is a real-time strategy game that covers the events of 1943 in Tunisia, North Africa. Recovering from their losses after the crushing defeat and subsequent retreat after the Second Battle of El-Alamein, the German Afrika Korps – reinforced and now supported by the Italian Army – prepare once more to put steel against steel with the Allies.
Players will lead Rommel’s Afrika Korps in their last full-scale military campaign and command the English and American armies as they try to push the Axis forces out of Africa once and for all.
- Advanced unit formations control
- Different types of trenches, sand bags, road blocks and barbed wire emplacements are now available (to defending units only) and can be placed by the player before the battle starts
- Improved soldier A.I. (e.g. soldiers will independently search for cover and share heavy weapons ammo)
- Improved complex infantry damage system
- New advanced visual spotting system accounts for observation angles and smoke screens
- 15 missions in three campaigns – German, American and British – including famous battles such as Kasserine Pass, Sidi Bou Zid, Sbeitla and Tebessa.
- Mission Editor to create your own scenarios
- Interactive Tactical Battle Map
- Over 50 different vehicle types
- Over 30 new unique buildings