A blood-red sky surrounds the city of Rome in a surreal, neverending twilight. Under the shadow of St. Peter, an American ex-priest investigates a series of events that exposes a deeper, more complex web of political and religious intrigue than he ever could have imagined.
Visiting Rome from Chicago, where he works as a doctor, ex-priest James Murphy answers a mysterious call for help from his friend Cristoforo.
The disappearance of a briefcase containing compromising documents is enough to convince James that his friend is a victim of something shady and sinister. The Vatican’s involvement and some strange parallels with his own traumatic past inspire James to get to the bottom of this mystery.
Along this dangerous and disturbing path, James finds the most unlikely traveling companion who will question his deepest beliefs. And so the two characters begin both a physical journey in search of the truth, and a metaphysical exploration of the inner soul and the darkest secrets that everyone hides, even a “champion of the faith” like James.
- A thrilling point-and-click adventure in 4 acts, inspired by real events in recent Italian history and freely adapted from David Yallop’s bestseller “In God’s Hand”.
- Over 10 locations per episode with high resolution graphics (max resolution 1920×1080) directed by Lorenzo Ruggiero (Marvel/DC Comics)
- Realistic characters with hours of motion-capture animations
- Well integrated puzzles and several hours of gameplay
- Animated coloured comics by award winner Daniela di Matteo
- Fully dubbed in English
Read a review of Shadows on the Vatican: Act 1 by Adventure Gamers.