Runers is a top-down roguelike dungeon shooter where you explore a vast underground labyrinth and face fierce monsters and bosses. As the game advances further into the dungeon, you will gather Runes, which will be used to combine into 285 unique spells. Discovering new spells will unlock their entries in your Runedex; unlock them all! But be careful – if you die, your playthrough is finished.
We wanted to make a game that had a lot of replayability, customization, and discovery. Almost every design choice we made focused on furthering those three goals. We want the player to be able to choose the playing style that suits them: long range sniper, mid range run and gun, or an up close brawler. There are many features to facilitate this level of customization. When you earn enough experience you will level up and be able to choose from 4 random traits to make you even stronger.
Each floor is procedurally generated, so the enemies, rooms, event rooms, and bosses you face are all randomly chosen, making every playthrough different. You will not encounter everything in the game in one playthrough, or even five: there is always something new to encounter.
- Each floor and room is completely randomized – each run will be a different experience
- Choose from 20 Races and 20 Classes to customize your runs
- Runes have unique stats that modify the spells you create with them
- Choose from 285 different spells to build your own unique spell loadouts
- Upgrade your spells to make them even stronger
- 50 different traits to choose from when leveling up
- 10 procedurally generated floors to explore and fight through
- 15+ random bosses and 100+ random enemies to fight
- Numerous Challenges, Event Rooms, and Achievements to complete
- Defeating enemies unlocks entries in your Beastiary
- 5 difficulties to increase the challenge
“I just made a spell that lets me shoot rocks that I can control with my mind and I’m using it to squish a bunch of angry water mages.” - Rock, Paper, Shotgun
“Runers is a fantastic game. It boasts solid gameplay with tons of replayability. The game is difficult, but in a rewarding way.” – Capsule Computers
“Runers is an immensely fun game for fans of the dungeon crawler to get excited about. Hardcore gamers will love what LGK Games have created with the diversity and variety of both the character selection and the enthralling gameplay.” – God Is A Geek