Made by the lead programmer from Settlers II, Peter Ohlmann, Knights and Merchants is a real time strategy game that recreates the era of the Middle Ages. Apart from the purely fictitious geography of our world, all game elements and scenes are based on the Anglo-Saxon period, ca. 1200 A.D.
The Shattered Kingdom: After many battles, a former kingdom has been divided into many small principalities and earldoms. The king’s troops were pushed back into one last royal province, and the rulers of the other provinces waged terrible, destructive wars against one another. The whole land fell into a state of chaos and now the former royal capital itself is under siege by the armies of the rebel lords. You belong to the last remaining group of loyal king’s men, and have been commanded to go to the king in view of the imminent attack.
The Peasants Rebellion: Build a prosperous settlement with a complete economy. Arm your troops and meet the enemy on the battlefield! Master these tasks and the King’s subjects will be able to live in peace and freedom again.
- Middle ages simulation and Real-time strategy
- 2 campaigns “The Shattered Kingdom” and “The Peasants Rebellion” with a total of 34 missions
- Skirmish Mode and 10 Multiplayer-Maps
- About 25 different types of buildings
- More than a dozen different types of characters
- Over 10 different troop types, including archers, scouts, knights, bowman and barbarians
- New Musical Score, PC/Mac Hybrid Version and Win7 compatible