In the not-too-distant future, governments have dissolved and powerful mega-corporations wage covert wars for territory and the control of information. As a freelance mercenary, you will conduct sabotage, assassinations, espionage and ambushes on their behalf to line your pockets and pay for top-of-the-line weapons and cybernetic limbs. Will you side with the corporations, the private military, or perhaps with the radical anarchist youth hacker gang in an attempt to bring down the entire corrupt system?
- 28 unique, modifiable weapons: from crude shotguns to railguns
- Gadgets including remote explosives, EMP grenades, shurikens, and more
- Three factions and three different endings
- Cybernetic limbs and implants which give stat bonuses
- Guard AI which investigates, engages and pursues suspicious persons (you)
- Isometric pixel art graphics
- Destructible walls and terrain
- 25+ missions
Other info: Epic Banana was originally founded in 1996 and released many critically acclaimed, stupid little freeware games for the Macintosh. DataJack is the first release since the early 2000s.