Another Star is a console-style RPG with a fast-paced battle system and a world that encourages players to explore and discover hidden areas as they lead their party on a journey across a fantasy world.
While clearly influenced by the style and gameplay of the past, the game also implements innovations and ideas from the present. Random battles are less intrusive than classic console RPGs, alerting the player when enemies have been encountered, but giving them the choice to accept and fight, or ignore and continue exploring.
- An entire game packed into just 256 eight by eight pixel tiles!
- Optional CRT filter, originally developed for console emulators, that can be enabled and disabled at any time.
- Over 30 original music tracks composed using actual samples from the Yamaha YM2413 FM chip.
- Approximately 20 hours of gameplay for the main storyline.
- Secret areas are hidden everywhere. Those who explore are sure to be well rewarded.
- Over a dozen dungeons to delve into and conquer, some hidden off the beaten path.
- Five difficulty levels, giving each player a chance to beat the game on their own terms.
- Four levels of character growth speed, including an “Old School” setting for those who love to grind for XP.
- Both the game difficulty and character growth can be customized at any time from the options menu!