1849: Gold Edition combines the base game 1849 plus the 1849: Nevada Silver and Epilogue: After the Gold Rush content packs.
1849 is a city management game set during the California Gold Rush. Your task is to build towns, populate them with workers, and make sure that they are housed, fed, and entertained. You’ll have to manage and coordinate extensive production and trade networks to make sure your towns thrive.
Key features of 1849:
- A campaign mode that traces the development of the Gold Rush from mining camps to bustling cities. Each city scenario presents players with unique starting conditions, victory goals, and obstacle events.
- Sandbox mode with a procedurally-generated map for your location, based on geography (from the Pacific coast to the Sierra Nevada mountains), precipitation, resource availability, and starting lot size.
- Vivid old west towns with buildings lining the streets directly inspired by California’s Gold Country.
- Over 50 resources that players can dig up, farm, refine or manufacture as they build complex towns and cities.
1849: Nevada Silver expands on 1849’s simulation gameplay to provide more challenge on a bustling new frontier.
Key features of 1849: Nevada Silver
- Six new Nevada city scenarios, from frontier outposts to bustling boom towns, plus sandbox mode
- Train-based trading system adds a new strategic dimension
- New buildings, mines, and resources based on the industry and technology of the era
The Epilogue presents two final scenarios, taking place in the period after the gold rush, as the people of California attempted to forge a new identity in a state that went through an irreversible transformation.
“1849 is a neat city builder which works well within its theme and is quite satisfying to play if you enjoy city-builders.” – Lena LeRay, IndieGames.com
“1849 seems to be an accurate simulator in terms of its focus on 1850s city building. It’s also a compelling and, at times, highly challenging strategy game.” – Chris Priestman, KillScreen Daily